FA Level 1 in Coaching Football
During the FA Level 1 in Coaching Football, learners will gain an insight into the game in England, how it’s played and how they can coach to better support the development of future players.
The qualification is designed to prepare learners to coach football within the grassroots game.
Through the completion of the learning programme for this qualification, learners will be introduced to the practical and theoretical aspects of planning, delivering and reviewing individual football coaching sessions.
The foundation level of knowledge and skills developed through this qualification will enable learners to create safe, fun and engaging coaching sessions through building, developing and extending a series of linked practices.
Learners will be introduced to basic game formats, key rules, and the England DNA coaching fundamentals and playing principles through completion of four mandatory components; How We Coach, How We Play, The Future Player and How We Support.
Level 1 Course Content
Throughout the course, learners will be introduced to:
1. The England DNA – How We Coach, How We Play, How We Support and The Future Player
2. The FA 4 Corner Player Development Model which will help them gain a better understanding of the long-term development of their players as a whole person
3. The FA Plan, Do, Review Model, helping them construct appropriate practices and sessions for their players
4. A series of practical coaching ideas, giving them the ability to recognise the various ingredients that make up safe, fun and engaging practices to help their players develop
5. Practical coaching opportunities both on the course and where possible with their own players and teams
The following online modules must be completed:
• Introduction to Coaching
• Long Term Player Development
• Plan, Do, Review
• Respect for Coaches
• Equality & Diversity
• Safeguarding Children e-learning (released after attending the face-to-face session)
All the modules are accessed through https://learning.thefa.com/ then click 'Record of Learning'.
Level 1 When & Where
Already Taken FA Level 1?
Progress along the Coaching Pathway with the FA Level 2 - Block 1. This nationally recognised qualification, awarded by 1st4sport Qualifications will allow the learner to go a journey through the How We Coach block of the FA Level 2. Block 1 will cover the following areas; Introduction and Review Level 1, Role of the Coach & Coaching Philosophy, Communication Skills (Social Corner), Helping Players Learn (Psych/Social), Motivation (Psych), Self Esteem (Psych), The Practice Spectrum (4C), Skills Development (4C/LTPD).
FA Licensed Coaches' Club CPD Events
|Derby County Academy||Talent ID||23/02/2017||Click here|
|Derby College||FA Coaching Futsal: Level 1||30/04/2017||Click here|
The course is a great step onto the FA Coaching Pathway of which there are three strands:
- The main strand covers the entry Level One award in coaching up to the UEFA Pro License (held by top and national side managers)
- Specialist courses consist of Goalkeeping courses, Futsal, Disability Football and Coaching Adults.
- Age Appropriate coaching courses that look at youth coaching, the FA Youth Modules.
To find the course for you, click here.