Allenton United Come Out On Top

Match Report

Swanwick Pentrich Rd FC

0 – 1

Allenton United



Michael Tristram (81 mins)

Swanwick Pentrich Road FC
Fenn (GK), Bernthall, Gross, Wall (C), Whitemoore, Milson, Owen, White, Turner, Bradley, Greasley
Subs: Huntington, Wilding, Waghorne, Gregory, Yates

Allenton United FC
Kelly (GK), Niewiarowski (C), D. Blackburn, Wilks, Buxton, Roberts, Sandar, Blount, D. O’Connell, S, O’Connell, B. Blackburn
Subs: Johnson, Meehan, Tristram, Domachowski, Gange

Allenton United FC were crowned the DCFA Divisional Cup South winners for the third time in four seasons after defeating Swanwick Pentrich Road FC in a tight affair.

There wasn’t much to cheer about in the first quarter of the game, with both teams battling it out the middle of the park, neither able to carve out any decent chances.

It wasn’t until the 20th minute that the first clear site of goal fell to Swanwick’s Chris Bradley, after a through ball was neatly fed into his path by Andy White, but goalkeeper Michael Kelly was quick to come out, closing down the space and making himself big which allowed him to save Bradley’s shot from six yards out.

White was again being a nuisance in the box, managing to hold off two defenders at the near post to head on a long throw into the middle of the goal, unfortunately for him there was no one there to tuck the ball away and it was eventually cleared by Allenton.

Pictures from the game are available here.

It was Allenton’s chance at the other end to try and go ahead from Ben Blackburn’s in-swinging corner that found Captain Tom Niewiarowski unmarked at the far post, but his resulting header went a yard over the bar.

Swanwick suffered a blow in the 30th minute, when a challenge on White left him unable to carry on.

The second half saw much of the same and within 10 minutes Swanwick were again forced into a change, Guy Wilding replacing Dean Owen.

We had to wait until the 80th minute for the first goal and it came courtesy of substitute Michael Tristram. Ben Blackburn charged into the box from the right and fired a shot across the keeper Richard Fenn, whose save fell kindly for Tristram to tap in from six yards out to make it 1-0.

A block from a defender inside the six yard box in the final minutes of the game ensured that Allenton United took home the DCFA Divisional Cup South trophy.

Match report by Sehrish Mumtaz