This role is an exciting opportunity to lead Derbyshire County FA, the County Governing Body for football. This full-time senior position reports directly to the Board of Directors, via the Chair, and will lead the organisation and associated team of staff.
The role holder will:
- Champion the strategic direction and culture of Derbyshire CFA and act as an ambassador for football across the County.
- Ensure Derbyshire CFA works within agreed organisational values and consistently delivers against its strategic objectives.
- Lead the day to day running of Derbyshire CFA, ensuring the effective delivery of its business plan and strategy.
- Work with the Board of Directors on matters relating to workforce, finance, corporate governance, safeguarding, football development and services, marketing, communications, public relations and risk management.
- Guarantee that safeguarding is embedded throughout the Derbyshire CFA in accordance with safeguarding legislation, FA safeguarding policy, best practice guidance and education programmes.
- Guarantee that Equality is embedded throughout the Derbyshire CFA in accordance with the Equality Standards for Sport.
- Act as Company Secretary to ensure legal compliance across all areas of the business.
- Attract increased investment into both Derbyshire CFA and football in Derbyshire by maximising assets and continually raising the profile, image and reputation of the Derbyshire CFA brand amongst stakeholders.
- Deliver The FA National Game Strategy in partnership with key stakeholders to:
- Providing a high quality introduction to football;
- Embracing all formats and engaging all participants;
- Developing clubs and leagues to meet modern players’ needs;
- Recruiting, developing and supporting the football workforce;
- Developing sustainable football facilities.
- Modernise & Innovate.
Applicants will require an understanding of local football structures and demonstrate the ability to engage with the volunteer workforce. A “Customer Excellence” ethos is of paramount importance as is the ability to manage multiple priorities, work under pressure, communicate effectively and have exceptional presentation skills.
The position is subject to an enhanced CRC check and further information on the role can be found in the related documents at the bottom of this article.
To apply send your CV and Covering Letter stating your salary expectations. Applications should be marked 'Private and Confidential' and sent to the Chairman, Mr F McArdle at DCFA Limited, 8 & 9 Stadium Business Court, Millennium Way, Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8HP.
The post holder will be required to work in the County Office currently based at Units 8 & 9 Stadium Business Court, Millennium Way, Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8HP
Closing date: 3rd September 2018 - 12:00 noon
Initial Interviews will take place on Monday 10th September 2018
Derbyshire County Football Association is committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
“As this role involves direct access to young persons under the age of eighteen, within the context of the job or any subsequently related activities or responsibilities, the successful candidate will undergo a thorough screening process, which will include a Criminal Records Bureau Disclosure, to ensure their suitability for the role. Any candidates invited to interview will be sent a CFA Personal Disclosure Form, Guidance Notes and Privacy Statement to return at their interview in a sealed envelope.”