THE DERBYSHIRE FUTSAL PROJECT
The Derbyshire Futsal Project is a county wide project that ensures all futsal activity within Derbyshire is delivered in a collaborative way through the involvement of key partners, including Derbyshire County FA, the Chesterfield Futsal League, the Derby Futsal League, affiliated youth football leagues and football clubs, and the respective venues that are utilised to host futsal provision.
The Derbyshire Futsal Project aims to provide:
- Futsal playing opportunities across the county.
- Coach Education, such as FA Coaching Futsal Level 1 Courses, FA Futsal Level 2 Courses and FA Futsal Referee Courses.
- Safe and quality assured league delivery shown through our FA Charter Standard Status Leagues.
- Futsal that contributes to the FA Futsal Player Pathway.
- A vision that emphasises the importance of working together and looking ahead to the development of new futsal leagues in the county that are strategically positioned to complement all futsal provision in our county
Futsal Strategy 2018 - 2024
The FA’s new Futsal strategy aims to make this fast, exciting format of the sport become England’s indoor game of choice for young players and drive participation.
Futsal has a few differences from the 5-a-side game. Below are the most notable ones:
- Played to lines - play is restarted with a "Kick-In" utilising a 4 second rule.
- Ball has reduced bounce and is size 4 (Size varies depending on age groups participating).
- Rolling substitutions.
- All players can go anywhere on the pitch including goalkeepers.
- Minimal contact with an accumulated 5 foul limit.
- Futsal operates through its FIFA Laws of the Game which encompass all of the above and more.