Location: Derbyshire County FA, Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8HP
Salary: £18,870 - £24,657
Hours per week: 37 hours
Closing Date: Wednesday 21st October 2020 at 5pm
Vacancy Type: This post is a full-time role and contracted until 30th June 2021, subject to further funding.
Here at the Derbyshire County FA we are responsible for overseeing, promoting and developing local grassroots football and supporting The FA in delivering the National Game Strategy. We are currently supporting a safe return to grassroots football for all of our clubs, leagues, referees and volunteers.
You can find out more about the Derbyshire County FA and the work we do on our website at www.derbyshirefa.com.
Derbyshire County FA is committed to safeguarding children and adults at risk. Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check through The FA DBS process. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according the nature of the role and the information provided.
Derbyshire County FA is looking for an enthusiastic professional with a passion for grassroots football to join the team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading and managing the disciplinary process and investigating all County FA discipline cases.
- To manage the disciplinary process to ensure all cases are handled fairly, transparently and in compliance with FA regulations
- To manage and conduct investigations into alleged breaches of FA Rules and Regulations, including those falling under The FA’s Anti-Discrimination procedures. Ensure appropriate charges are raised for breaches in line with FA Processes and Procedures
- Regularly meet with the Safeguarding & Equality Manager and Referee Development Officer in all matters where it is apparent that there has been abusive behaviour involving under-18 players and/or where the referee is under-18 or identifies as an adult at risk
- To proactively support club and league secretaries with the discipline process; provide training for club secretaries and regular updates for league secretaries
- To manage the process of Personal and Non-Personal Hearings, acting as Secretary for Commissions in conjunction with other volunteers
What we are looking for
- Experience in the conduct and management of investigations, including case file preparation, interviews and obtaining statements.
- Knowledge of FA Regulations and Sanctions
- Knowledge of the FA Whole Game and Full-Time System.
- Project management skills and experience – to plan, set and achieve objectives to deadlines.
What we can offer
- A great start to your career in football with the local governing body of the grassroots game here in the heart of the County.
- Opportunities to progress your career across the County FA Network throughout England and The FA.
- Access to high-quality training, networking and personal development opportunities.
- Holiday entitlement.
- Health scheme
Equality and Diversity
Derbyshire County FA promotes inclusion and diversity and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any requirements in relation to the recruitment or interview process, please include details on the application form.
About the application and selection process
- Complete the Application Form and Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form via the Smartsheet link: https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/4d8fefd881034b19a3f521ac95a03093 no later than 5pm on Wednesday 21st October 2020. Applications received after deadline will not be considered.
- Receipt of applications will not be acknowledged.
- Interviews will be held on Thursday 29th October 2020
- If required, second interviews may be held in order to determine the most suitable candidate for the role.
- Job Description and Person Specification
- Application Form
- Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Football Operations Manager, Ryan Haynes (or in his absence a member of the Senior Management Team) on 01332 361422 for an informal discussion.
Football Operations Officer - Discipline - Role Profile
Candidate Privacy Notice