We’re supporting Football v Homophobia’s (FvH) month of action which is taking place across all levels of football, from grassroots to the professional game, during February.
The month of action is dedicated to eradicating homophobia from football at all levels and exists to challenge discrimination based on sexual orientation, gender identity and expression within the game. As an international initiative FvH engages in campaigning, education, advice, guidance, research, policy consultation and capacity building to:
- Make existing football structures safe, welcoming and inclusive for LGBTI people.
- Create opportunities and promote engagement of LGBTI people in football at all levels and in all forms.
- Improve the representation and visibility of LGBTI people throughout football.
- To realise the potential of football in society as a tool to create positive change.
For more information on the campaign please visit FvH's website or you can find guidelines for grassroots clubs, professional clubs and County FA’s by clicking here.
2017 saw the following clubs support the campaign:
- Mickleover Sports F.C
- Gresley F.C
- Chesterfield Ladies F.C
- Derby Rovers F.C (Men’s and Women’s teams)
- University of Derby
- Rolls Royce Leisure F.C
If your club/organisation would like to get involved in the month of action, please contact Angie Harper, Football Development Officer (Adult, Recreational and Inclusion) on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01332 361422 Option 1.