Vacancy: Digital Marketing & Communications Officer
Salary: Circa - £18,000 p.a.
Term: Fixed term Contract until 30th June 2019 (subject to further funding)
Closing date: Wednesday 6th February 2019 - 12:00 noon
An exciting opportunity has arisen to lead, manage and develop the marketing operations at the Derbyshire CFA and to build and maintain appropriate partnerships alongside supporting the delivery of The FA National Game Strategy in partnership with key stakeholders and enhance the CFA’s major priorities. The successful applicant will need to be passionate and committed to the development of football at a local level; be able to work under pressure, handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines. They will need to demonstrate exceptional customer service, be able to work as part of a team with excellent planning, communication and presentation skills.
Here at Derbyshire CFA we are responsible for overseeing, promoting and developing local grassroots football and supporting The FA in delivering the National Game Strategy.
The shared values, vision and pride of our workforce is central to our success. We are a team of highly skilled, passionate and hardworking individuals who are committed to the future of grass roots football in Derbyshire. We understand that diversity promotes innovation, and therefore we look for people who are great at what they do, no matter their background.
Overview of the role:
• To lead, manage and develop the marketing operation at the CFA and to build and maintain appropriate partnerships
• To support the delivery of The FA National Game Strategy in partnership with key stakeholders and enhance the CFA’s major priorities
What you’ll be doing:
• To increase awareness of the CFA on a local, regional and national basis and to develop the positive brand perception
• To be responsible for all marketing communications and branded marketing collateral, including the publication of the C FA e-news and County Cup Programmes and develop, manage and maintain the CFA website
• To manage the relationship between the CFA and local media and to obtain positive media coverage for the CFA through PR and promotional campaigns as necessary
• To provide marketing support & advice to our grassroots clubs and leagues
• To develop a Social Media strategy to help increase followers and engagement rates across all CFA social channels
• To ensure internal communications across the CFA are maintained to a high standard at all times, providing all CFA staff with regular information regarding all key projects and news
• To use data and insight to “Know The Customer” you are targeting, ensuring appropriate communication channels are used
• Executes additional tasks as required in order to meet CFA’s changing priorities
• Ensure compliance with CFA’s health and safety policies
• Ensure that the CFA effectively implement and maintain the FA’s Safeguarding Operating Standard within Football.
• An understanding and awareness of generic Equality law and of good practice within sports equality
Who we are looking for:
• A committed and hard-working person who is passionate about the future of grassroots football in Derbyshire.
What we can offer:
• An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic sports organisation.
• A competitive salary and a range of benefits for the right candidate.
The successful applicant will need to be passionate and committed to the development of football at a local level; be able to work under pressure, handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines. They will need to demonstrate exceptional customer service, be able to work as part of a team with excellent planning, communication and presentation skills.
This organisation is committed to safeguarding children and adults at risk of harm. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We expect relevant staff to undertake an FA DBS Enhanced level with a check of the children’s barred list and we expect all staff to sign and adhere to a code of conduct. “As this role involves direct access to young persons under the age of eighteen, within the context of the job or any subsequently related activities or responsibilities, the successful candidate will undergo a thorough screening process, which will include a Criminal Records Bureau Disclosure, to ensure their suitability for the role. Any candidates invited to interview will be sent a CFA Personal Disclosure Form, Guidance Notes and Privacy Statement to return at their interview in a sealed envelope”
Derbyshire CFA promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.
You will be required work 37 hrs per week and have a flexible approach to hours worked, as these will include weekend and possibly unsocial hours.
This post is a full-time fixed term contract until 30th June 2019 subject to further funding.
Interested applicants are required to send a covering letter along with a current CV and expected salary. Any postal applications must be marked Private & Confidential to: Head of Business Support, DCFA Limited, 8 & 9 Stadium Business Court, Millennium Way, Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8HP or email email@example.com
Any further information regarding the role please contact Dawn Heron, Tel: 01332 361422 or email the above
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 6th February 2019 – 12:00 noon
Interviews will be held: Friday 15th February 2019
Due to the high volume of expected applications for this post, feedback will only be provided to those shortlisted candidates.