Salary circa £26,000
Closing date: Wednesday 3rd July 2019 – 5pm
Here at Derbyshire CFA we are responsible for overseeing, promoting and developing local grassroots football and supporting The FA in delivering the National Game Strategy.
The shared values, vision and pride of our workforce is central to our success. We are a team of highly skilled, passionate and hardworking individuals who are committed to the future of grassroots football in Derbyshire. We understand that diversity promotes innovation, and therefore we look for people who are great at what they do, no matter their background.
Overview of the role:
- To lead the delivery of The FA Referees Department Strategy/National Game Strategy in the County FA.
- To implement and implement effective recruitment and retention strategies.
- To monitor the referee workforce and provide suitable support and guidance
- Work towards providing a registered referee for every affiliated game of football in the County
- To support the Football Operations Team with investigations and support to referees
- Ensure that the CFA effectively implement and maintain the FA’s Safeguarding Operating Standard within Football.
What you’ll be doing: (See role profile for full details)
- Developing an effective recruitment strategy covering recruitment strategies.
- Implement a system to identify talented referees in order to nominate those showing potential to FA CORE
- Assist in the recruitment and continue development of Observers, Tutors, Mentors and other Volunteers involved in supporting referees.
Who we are looking for:
- A committed and hard-working person who is passionate about the future of grassroots football in Derbyshire.
- A person with credible experience in Refereeing.
- A good effective communicator with high levels of customer service.
What we can offer:
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic sports organisation.
- A competitive salary and a range of benefits for the right candidate.
The successful applicant will need to be passionate and committed to the development of football at a local level; be able to work under pressure, handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines. They will need to demonstrate exceptional customer service, be able to work as part of a team with excellent planning, communication and presentation skills.
This organisation is committed to safeguarding children and adults at risk of harm. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All relevant staff are required to undertake an FA DBS Enhanced level check and sign the Safeguarding Code of Conduct. Any candidates invited to interview will be sent a CFA Personal Disclosure Form, Guidance Notes and Privacy Statement to return at their interview in a sealed envelope”
Derbyshire CFA promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.
You will be required work 37 hrs per week and have a flexible approach to hours worked, as these will include evenings and weekend.
This post is a full-time role and contracted until 30th June 2021 subject to further funding.
Interested applicants are required to send a covering letter along with a current CV, and the name of two references, expected salary via email to email@example.com
Any further information relative to the role please contact Liam Rooney, Football Development Manager (or in his absence a member of the Senior Management Team) 01332 361422.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 3rd July 2019 – 5pm
Interviews expected to be held on Friday 12th July.
Due to the high volume of expected applications for this post, feedback will only be provided to those shortlisted candidates.
Please click here to open the role profile.