Vacancy: Football Operations Manager
Salary circa £33,000
Closing date: Friday 31st May 2019 – 12noon
Here at Derbyshire CFA we are responsible for overseeing, promoting and developing local grassroots football and supporting The FA in delivering the National Game Strategy.
The shared values, vision and pride of our workforce is central to our success. We are a team of highly skilled, passionate and hardworking individuals who are committed to the future of grassroots football in Derbyshire. We understand that diversity promotes innovation, and therefore we look for people who are great at what they do, no matter their background.
Overview of the role:
- To support the delivery of The FA National Game Strategy in the County FA as part of the Senior Management Team with the Football Development Manager, Designated Safeguarding Officer, and the Chief Executive Officer.
- To provide strategic, innovative and professional direction to our Football Operations. The role will ensure the provision of compliant, effective and efficient adherence of The Football Associations Regulations.
- To manage the financial profiling of Derbyshire FA and provide reports regularly to the CEO
- To manage an effective and efficient programme of events including; County Cup, Discipline, Registrations, Affiliations, Sanctioning and Media and Marketing service for Derbyshire FA.
- To manage and maintain the assets of Derbyshire FA
- Ensure that the CFA effectively implement and maintain the FA’s Safeguarding Operating Standard within Football.
What you’ll be doing: (See role profile for full details)
- Performance management of the Football Operations Team (4 staff members) to deliver high quality support and service to grassroots football across Derbyshire.
- Ensuring that Derbyshire CFA meet all Football Association Regulations for grassroots football.
- To manage and administer all financial processes for the business in line with minimum operating standards.
Who we are looking for:
- A committed and hard-working person who is passionate about the future of grassroots football in Derbyshire.
- A person with a good level of people management skills.
- A good effective communicator with high levels of customer service.
What we can offer:
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic sports organisation.
- A competitive salary and a range of benefits for the right candidate.
The successful applicant will need to be passionate and committed to the development of football at a local level; be able to work under pressure, handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines. They will need to demonstrate exceptional customer service, be able to work as part of a team with excellent planning, communication and presentation skills.
This organisation is committed to safeguarding children and adults at risk of harm. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All relevant staff are required to undertake an FA DBS Enhanced level check and sign the Safeguarding Code of Conduct. Any candidates invited to interview will be sent a CFA Personal Disclosure Form, Guidance Notes and Privacy Statement to return at their interview in a sealed envelope.
Derbyshire CFA promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.
You will be required work 37 ¼ hrs per week and have a flexible approach to hours worked, as these will include evenings and weekend.
This post is a full-time role and contracted until 30th June 2021 subject to further funding.
Interested applicants are required to send a covering letter along with a current CV, and the name of two references, expected salary via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For any further information relative to the role please contact Chief Executive Ricky Stevenson (or in his absence a member of the Senior Management Team) on 01332 361422.
Closing date for applications: Friday 31st May 2019 – 12noon
Interviews expected to be held week commencing: 10th June 2019
Due to the high volume of expected applications for this post, feedback will only be provided to those shortlisted candidates.
Please click here to download the overview of the role.