Grassroots Football Survey 2019/20 opens for local football participants
The FA has today announced their annual survey allowing for participants in Derbyshire to highlight areas where they require support by providing feedback on local grassroots football provision.
Players, coaches, parents, supporters, volunteers, referees, club and league officials across Derbyshire now have the opportunity to suggest areas for improvement and outline the impact of particular campaigns or schemes.
Since the online survey was originally launched, the responses of more than 100,000 grassroots participants have helped to inform the decision making and allocation of resources by The FA and respective County FAs.
Results from the 2018/19 edition identified five key areas – both on and off the pitch – where a renewed focus is required:
- Identify the resources and tools that clubs need the most support with
- Foster the right experience for participants at this level of the game
- Encourage young people to stay active in different roles across the game
- Ensure the RESPECT campaign has a positive impact on all participants
- Adapt to the changing nature of modern grassroots football
Liam Rooney, Football Development Manager at the Derbyshire FA, said: "The Grassroots Football Survey is so important as it provides an opportunity for all in the local football communities to have their say.
"The feedback we receive is so important as we always strive to improve the development of football throughout Derbyshire, and in our opinion it is vital that our stakeholders get a say in what that looks like."Visit TheFA.com/HaveYourSay to take part in the 2019/20 Grassroots Football Survey.