After pooling through over 100 nominations, the eight winners were selected by a Derbyshire FA judging panel, who assessed each nomination based on The FA’s ‘PRIDE’ values.
The winners are listed below:
- Kirsty Westran – Volunteer of the Year
- Liam Thompson – Coach of the Year (Youth Football)
- Morton FC – Grounds Team of the Year
- North Derbyshire Youth Football League (League of the Year)
- New Tupton Ivanhoe FC – Club of the Year
- Ralph Morton – Match Official of the Year
- Ryan Williams – Rising Star of the Year
- Stanton Ilkeston FC – Project of the Year
Ricky Stevenson, Chief Executive Officer at the Derbyshire FA, congratulated the winners, saying: “Every individual and club that has won an award this year has done a fantastic job during the last 12 months and they are all absolutely worthy winners.
“We received a tremendous amount of nominations this year and we read dozens of stories about the incredible work done by our players, coaches, officials, clubs and volunteers every week, so for the winners to stand out is testament to how brilliant they have all been.
“Of course the tail end of the season was dampened by the outbreak of the coronavirus, but this by no means detracts from the great achievement of our winners, and hopefully they are all delighted.
“We look forward to continuing our work with all the winners during the next season, and hopefully they can continue to inspire people across the county.”
Unfortunately due to the Covid-19 pandemic the Derbyshire FA are unable to host an official awards ceremony this season, but plans will be revealed in the future to ensure the eight winners are celebrated in the best way possible during these extraordinary circumstances.