The initiative is being launched by the Derbyshire FA in partnership with England Football, and intends to develop opportunities for BAME coaches by providing them with additional experience, support and guidance to enhance their coaching skills.
It will work as part of the Derbyshire FA’s Coaches Community, a local coaching network launched in September which provides a bespoke CPD programme, merchandise, and access to mentors.
As a result, successful applicants to the Coach Development Circle will:
- Receive a free membership to the Derbyshire FA Coaches Community;
- Have a dedicated coach mentor;
- Receive personalised one-to-one coaching support;
- Have the opportunity to attend bespoke theory and practical coach development workshops;
- Observe experienced UEFA A and B licensed coaches working in a variety of settings;
- Be signposted to opportunities to increase coaching knowledge and experience.
If you’d like to be considered for one of the places in the 2022 Coach Development Circle, here is the criteria you’ll need to match as part of your application:
- Currently coaching in grassroots football
- Over three years’ experience of coaching a team
- A passion for self-development
- committed, enthusiastic and highly motivated towards for developing players
- Ability to share ideas, listen to those of others and support peers
We would specifically welcome male applicants of Black, Asian or Minority Ethnic origin and females, applicants aged 18 or older, and holders of the FA Level 2 or FA Level 3 (UEFA B) in Coaching Football qualification.
Applications are open until Sunday 19th December 2021, and all applicants will be notified of their application decision via email by Thursday 23rd December 2021.
Click here to apply.