Football Development Officer
Salary Range: £27k - £32k
Derbyshire County FA are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Here at Derbyshire CFA, we are responsible for overseeing, promoting and developing local grassroots football and supporting The FA in delivering the National Game Strategy.
The shared values, vision and pride of our workforce is central to our success. We are a team of highly skilled, passionate and hardworking individuals who are committed to the future of grassroots football in Derbyshire. We understand that diversity promotes innovation, and therefore we look for people who are great at what they do, no matter their background.
Overview of the role:
- To support the delivery of the National Game Strategy in partnership with key stakeholders.
- To create, maintain and communicate an inclusive player pathway for male & female participation through education, recreation, competition and talent to support growth and retention.
- To support the adoption of FA technology systems across grassroots football.
- To comply with FA rules, regulations, policies, procedures and guidance.
Who we are looking for:
- A committed and hard-working person who is passionate about the future of grassroots football in Derbyshire.
- A person with credible experience in Football Development.
- A good effective communicator with high levels of customer service.
What we can offer:
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic sports organisation.
- A competitive salary and a range of benefits for the right candidate.
The successful applicant will need to be passionate and committed to the development of football at a local level; be able to work under pressure, handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines. They will need to demonstrate exceptional customer service, be able to work as part of a team with excellent planning, communication and presentation skills.
This organisation is committed to safeguarding children and adults at risk of harm. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All relevant staff are required to undertake an FA DBS Enhanced level check and sign the Safeguarding Code of Conduct. Any candidates invited to interview will be sent a CFA Personal Disclosure Form, Guidance Notes and Privacy Statement to return at their interview in a sealed envelope.
Derbyshire CFA promotes inclusion and diversity and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process, please mention this in your covering letter.
You will be required to work 37 hrs per week and have a flexible approach to hours worked, as these will include evenings and weekend. This post is a full-time role and contracted until 30th June 2024 subject to further funding. This role is based at Derbyshire County FA Headquarters and will currently include a mix of office and homeworking.
Further details about the role, and information on how to apply, can be found in the application pack linked below.
FOOTBALL DEVELOPMENT OFFICER VACANCY APPLICATION PACK
Any further information relative to the role please contact Liam Rooney, Football Development Manager, on 07983 562478.
The closing date for applications is Monday 3rd January 2022
Interviews are expected to be held on Friday 14th January 2022.
Due to the high volume of expected applications for this post, feedback will only be provided to those shortlisted candidates.