Derbyshire County FA are inviting applications to join the Board of Directors as a Non-Executive Equality Director and Chair of the Strategic Inclusion Advisory Group (SIAG). We are looking for individuals with skills and experience in equality, diversity & inclusion who have a passion for developing grassroots football in Derbyshire
The SIAG acts as the check and balance to DCFA’s wider operational plans, work programmes and strategy. The successful candidate for this role will be instrumental in helping the County become a more inclusive organisation.
Volunteering as a Board Director
This is a volunteer role in which you will be expected to attend bi-monthly Board meetings and to collaborate with Board Directors and other stakeholders in the strategic development of the organisation.
You will support the recruitment of the Strategic Inclusion Advisory Group members and chair a minimum of 4 meetings each year as well as the associated communications and group engagements.
Derbyshire County FA Board
The Board of the Association is the ultimate decision-making body and accordingly exercise all the powers of the Association. The Board is responsible for setting the strategy of the Association and maintaining and demonstrating a clear division between the Board’s management and oversight role and the chief executive officer.
• To lead and support an effective, constructive and cohesive Strategic Inclusion Advisory Group.
• To assist the SIAG Members and all Derbyshire County FA staff to plan, lead and develop a strategic vision for inclusion in football within the County.
• To report and feedback effectively on the delivery of Inclusion to Derbyshire County FA Board and Council
• Represent the SIAG on the Derbyshire County FA Board and Council.
• Attend any national or regional FA inclusion events (where possible and relevant).
• Attend Derbyshire County FA Meetings as and when required.
The Role of the DCFA Strategic Inclusion Advisory Group is to:
• Provide support and advice on the County Operational Plan and the likely impact it may have on under- represented communities within the County FA, e.g. diverse ethnic communities, women and girls, people with impairments, LGBTQ+, faith communities and people of all ages.
• Advise on specific interventions to increase participation by the whole community to address gaps in provision and grow the game.
• Foster good relationships with the local community, so that football can be used to create positive sporting opportunities, bring diverse people together and increase participation for all.
• Monitor and review the impact of the County FA’s work in relation to equality through the County plans and working towards achieving the next level of the Equality Standard.
The Strategic Inclusion Advisory Group meets quarterly at the Derbyshire County Fa Offices, 8 & 9 Stadium Business Court, Millennium Way, Pride Park, Derby. DE24 8HP
If you would like to be considered for the role of Non-Executive Equality Director, please complete the online application form as detailed in the application pack.
Applications close at 12pm on Friday 16th April 2021.