A team of young people who are the voice of the youth for Derbyshire. Derbyshire County FA will involve the DYDB in a meaningful way, by allowing them to provide equal weight and value to their ideas and suggestions that can dictate the direction of Derbyshire County FA’s decisions. As well as this, we focus on personal development by running workshops and providing experiences for our members to help support future aspirations regardless as to whether that is in football/sports or not.
- Aged between 14 and 25
- Live in Derbyshire
- Involved in Football in Derbyshire (player, referee, coach, volunteer, etc)
- passionate about improving Football for all in Derbyshire
- Able to attend all meetings during the season
Benefits of joining:
- CPD workshops to aid in your personal and professional development
- Free Nike Branded Kit
- Mentor (assigned a County FA Staff Mentor)
- External Opportunities to represent Derbyshire on The FA Regional Youth Network
- Representation at County Events
- Volunteer/Paid opportunities through County FA programmes and Events
- Chance to represent Derbyshire in the National Youth Academy
Recognising diversity and promoting inclusion is a priority for Derbyshire County FA in our efforts to make football a game For All. We recognise that football's workforce should represent wider society and, therefore, we especially welcome applications from females, those from diverse ethnic backgrounds, people with disabilities, from diverse faith groups and from the LGBTQ+ communities.
Successful candidates will be expected to attend all meetings (whether they are in person or held on-line) throughout the season. Although of course we know that at times there are unexpected situations which may make attendance impossible. However, it is crucial that applicants are able to make the first meeting, as this a key element of building a successful team for the season. If you know you are unable to make any of the dates below please share this in your application. Meetings will be held at suitable locations and/or online via Microsoft Teams. The initial meeting dates are as follows, with subsequent dates to be agreed at the first and second meeting:
- Thursday 11th May
- Thursday 1st June
- Thursday 29th June
Being a member of the Youth Development Board is a voluntary position. Closing date for application is Thursday 4th May at 11.59pm.