Derbyshire FA are delighted to be working in partnership with local mental health charity Erewash Voluntary Action to provide free Mental Health and Suicide Prevention training and support to our football clubs.
Did you know?
- Every year 38% of footballers report symptoms of depression and anxiety?
- Professional footballers will face up to 1 or more career threatening injuries meaning they are 4 times more likely to develop a mental health condition?
- 438 ex/professional footballers asked the PFA for mental health support in 2018?
Erewash Voluntary Action are delivering the Mental Health and Suicide Prevention Project across Derbyshire and Derby.
We aim to:
- Increase awareness of mental health issues
- Reduce male suicide rates
- Embed a positive culture for mental health and well-being in football clubs
- Fully funded Mental Health and Suicide Prevention training
- Expert support to develop a Mental Health Policy and Action Plan
- Exclusive access to a Mental Health and Suicide Prevention Toolkit
- The opportunity to join a Mental Health First Aid Network
This offer is available to ALL Derbyshire football clubs, not just Erewash-based clubs.
If your football club would like to take advantage of this opportunity, contact Sonia Richardson at:
If you have any questions for Derbyshire FA, please contact Liam Rooney or Alison Smith at:
email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Below is a downloadable version of the Erewash Voluntary Action offer, for you to share with others if you wish.
PDF VERSION OF OFFER