On Sunday 25th June the Baton of Hope UK will start a tour of 12 UK cities to raise awareness about suicide prevention.
In Derby City and Derbyshire County there are around 100 deaths by suicide each year. Each one is preventable. We are committed to supporting the Baton Of Hope and to preventing suicide.
YOU CAN PLAY A ROLE!
If you, your family, friends or colleagues want to take part here are some steps you can take
- Attend the Sheffield leg on Wednesday 28th June
- Derbyshire mental health and suicide prevention teams have a stall in the Winter Gardens from lunchtime
- The Georgia Bird Foundation choir are performing a specially written song at the evening event
- Attend a locally organised event in Glossop on 5th July – in the town square – check social media below for more details
Awareness and Knowledge
- Complete the Zero Suicide Alliance e-learning – this takes just 20 minutes and will help to increase your awareness and your confidence
- Attend Ollie training, talks and education specifically arranged around the Baton of Hope
Follow us on social media
Know about local support