uni transfer

University Transfers


Every season thousands of referees up and down the country leave home and start university.
This can often be in an unfamiliar area and county - so whether you are entering or leaving Derbyshire we want to make this life changing transition as easy as possible by supporting your refereeing.

Continuing to officiate with a new County FA offers students a fantastic opportunity to combine their passion for football with their educational studies. Refereeing also provides a source of income to support students on their journey.

This process is remarkably simple… even if you're moving from one end of the country to the other!


Referees moving to study in Derbyshire have a wide range of opportunities available in the grassroots game and the university sports scene. The process is easy. Just call or send an email to our Referee Development Officer, Reece Davies, to discuss the options available to you.


Referees that plan to leave Derbyshire to study in other parts of the Country will also need to go through the simple process of affiliating with their new County FA. Once this has been complete it will just be a case of carrying on with refereeing as normal.

To chat through the easiest way to carry on refereeing in other counties please contact Referee Development Officer, Reece Davies.


Get In Touch

Reece Davies | Referee Development Officer

Phone: 01332 361422

Email: reece.davies@derbyshirefa.com

Related Articles

View All